Designed by Baldassare Longhena and inspired by Palladio’s models, the Church is one of the best expressions of Venetian Baroque architecture. It was inaugurated in 1630, as an ex-voto in honour of the Virgin, in order to ask for the end of the plague. The facades are almost entirely made of Istrian stone and lime plaster.
The main purpose of the conservation treatment was to restore the facades. It involved cleaning, consolidation of detached parts (including large ones such as the wings of the in the round statue of an angel), disinfestation, filling and protection.
Utilizzando questo sito web si acconsente all'utilizzo di cookies in conformità alla nostra politica sui cookies. Informazioni OK